The College has constituted a dedicated team of research advisory committee and it is very active in guiding both faculty and students to pursue quality research
The research advisory committee consists of a well experienced, academic and industry members to guide and co-ordinate the research related issues of each department as below:
|Research Advisory Committee|
R&D, ELGI Equipments, Coimbatore.
Professor, Department of ECE,
PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
Professor & Dean, Department of CSE,
Dean - Department of Mechanical
HoD- Department of EEE
HoD- Department of ECE
HoD- Department of MECH
Associate Professor - PCE
HoD - Department of IT
HoD- Department of PCE
- To get approval for more departments as recognized research centers
- To promote the research culture in the institution, research awareness programs by conducting with eminent researchers
- To Encourage faculty members to submit project proposals to various funding agencies
- To Encourage staff members to take up inter disciplinary research projects
- To give incentives for publications in International/ National journals with good impact factor
R&D Committee Meetings:
The committee meets once in 6 months with external experts and the internal members of the committee meet every month and the representatives of each department present the status of research related affairs of their concerned departments and the committee makes suggestions for improvement if required.
List of Collaborative Research
List of Inter Disciplinary Research Projects [Completed]
- Design and Construction of a Scalable Cat Fish Drying Unit using Hybrid Energy Sources
- An Integrated Breast Cancer Risk Management Model based on Fuzzy cognitive Maps
- Precision Agriculture: Coconut yield Management System for Malabar region using Fuzzy Cognitive Maps
- Business Analytics using Twitter Sentiment Analysis
- A Statistical Analysis of Electrical Safety Awareness in People using Analytics
- Status of Renewable Energy Resources Forecast using Regression Analysis
- Analyzing and Predicting the Power Scenario in Tamil Nadu using Analytics
- Meta-Analysis on Hypertension and its outcomes
List of Inter Disciplinary Projects [Ongoing]
- A Study of the Socio-Economic and Climatological factors Associated with the Outbreak of Dengue in urban slum areas of Chennai - A pilot project
- Smart Grid Analytics for Energy Demand Forecasting
- Wireless Sensor Networks Based Structural Health Monitoring
- Soil Moisture Monitoring using Wireless Sensor Networks for Effective Irrigation Management
R&D Cell Highlights
RVS Journal of Science and Technology
The institution has a dedicated R&D Lab which is equipped with 30 PCs loaded with specialized software required for conducting research work in various disciplines. All the 30 systems are connected to Internet.
The “RVS Journal of Science and Technology” (ISBN: 978-81-930816-0-0) is a maiden research publication of the institution started with an objective of imbibing the research culture into the minds of its own faculty and students.
Handbook on Research Funding Avenues
By collecting the reprints of publications made by faculty members. Periodical updates of publications, patents etc. and maintaining a compendium of publications and research thesis of faculty members.
Has been released a brochure with various funding avenues and the related literature and updating it periodically.